One of the most remarkable features of the AirPods is Spatial Audio. It allows you to fully immerse in the audio and video content, creating a more dynamic and realistic listening experience. With this feature, users can enjoy movies, music, podcasts, and more in a new way. Once you get accustomed to Spatial Audio, it’s hard to enjoy content without it. It is easy to set up and can enhance your overall listening experience.
How does Personalised Spatial Audio work?
Personalised Spatial Audio uses the built-in accelerometer and gyroscope of the earbuds to adjust the audio to match the position of your head, providing an immersive and dynamic sound experience.
Things to keep in mind
The feature is compatible with iPhones and iPads running iOS 14.6 or later, iPadOS 14.6 or later, or macOS Monterey or later. It also works with AirPods Pro (3rd-gen), AirPods Pro, AirPods Pro (2nd-gen) and the AirPods Max.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to set up Personalised Spatial Audio on your AirPods Pro or AirPods Max:
- Make sure that your AirPods are connected to your
iPhoneor iPad. You can check this by opening the Control Center on your device and looking for your AirPods Pro or AirPods Max under the “Connected Devices” section.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap “AirPods” and select your AirPods from the list of connected devices.
- Tap “Spatial Audio” and toggle the switch to the “On” position.
- Put on your AirPods and play a video/track that supports Spatial Audio. You can find a list of supported content by searching for “Spatial Audio” in the
AppleTV app or by visiting the “More” tab in the Apple Musicapp.
- Hold your device in front of you and move your head around. You should hear the audio adjust to match your position, providing a more immersive and dynamic listening experience.
- Once you are happy with the sound, tap “Done” to save the settings.
The feature is only supported on select video and audio content. But with the supported content, it really sounds quite good and something one must experience if they have select models of AirPods.