This can be a vital tool for women in rural areas and those who do not have easy access to doctors. This is the first pregnancy app that provides instantaneous access to doctor’s advice and is clinically endorsed as well as credible.
The app has been developed in collaboration with the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi. Both patients and doctors can avail the benefits of the app. The Android app is available as a free download on Google Play Store.
How Android app SwasthGarbh can help
It assists pregnant women by ensuring timely antenatal care visits, recording every clinical test and improving medication adherence.
The clinical assessment of 150 patients demonstrated the utility of the app in improving the quality of antenatal care and reducing complications. The patients registered on the app showed a significantly higher number of mean antenatal visits and better compliance with the WHO guidelines. It also helps in better counselling of patients regarding the formulation of birth plans and the management of physiological problems encountered in pregnancy. This is the first pregnancy app that provides real-time medical assistance in case of an emergency.
The app has been designed:
* For assisting pregnant women with hospital visits, in terms of when they are due and what tests are required
* To keep a record of clinical tests and symptoms
* For sending automatic notifications to the doctor and patient in case any parameter cross the normal range or any danger sign is present
* For posting customized notifications to an individual, a group, or all patients
* For apprising the women of precautionary advice during any pandemic using easily understandable videos
* To support several international languages
* Most importantly, it enables two-way communication between patient and doctor for real-time medical assistance
The benefits of the app increase further during pandemic situations when patients are afraid to visit hospitals due to the risk of catching coronavirus infection, or are unable to do so due to country-wide lockdowns or movement restrictions.
Facing issues while downloading apps from Google Play Store? Here are 5 things you can try