The company claims that it has introduced the new feature with the help of all-new architecture that can more effectively take advantage of advanced background features in iOS.
The company claims that until now the Live Caller ID on the iOS version of the app has not worked well for iPhone users. So, with this latest update, the company decided to resolve this issue. “We’ve been innovating within Apple’s platform to bring users more powerful features like Call Alerts, Call Reason, and a convenient search extension,” said Alan Mamedi, Co-founder and CEO of Truecaller.
With this latest update, Truecaller for iPhone has developed the most current, accurate, and complete first ring Caller ID and spam detection for every geography by automatically updating spam information in the background. The app also has a complete design refresh and user experience flow that results in far shorter times for initial onboarding and quicker day-to-day navigation through the app.
Highlights of Truecaller 12 for iOS
- 10x better Caller ID, 10x better protection against spam and scam
- Smoother and faster onboarding for new users
- Enhanced detail view when you search for numbers
- New Premium subscription experience with easier feature comparisons
- Easier number lookup without opening the app! (from Phone > Recents > Info on number > Share Contact > Search Truecaller)
New features coming with future updates include:
- Major improvements in SMS filtering, spam detection, and community-based services, including a redesigned number look-up widget to search unknown callers even faster.
- The iPhone app will also get automatic blocking of top spammers, the ability to view detailed statistics on spam-marked numbers, and the ability to view and contribute comments on spam-marked numbers for additional context.